OUTFITS INSPIRATION LIFE LOVE CHRIST THE ART THE HEART

Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's a Lesson of Purity

 

Now that God has taught me soooo many things about modesty, He tells me to do something more than that! :)

This challenge has unexpectedly given me a deeper appreciation for women.
Let me tell you something personal.. I used to have more guy friends than girl friends because I thought that it was easier to go along with guys. With guys I did not have to fake how I like make up, or how often I go for a manicure/pedicure. With guys, I did not have to talk about those boring stuff! Haha!

But you know what I realized as I go deeper in my faith?

Choosing guy friends over girls could be selfishness. No matter what you say, guys would always treat girls differently. Girls feel a little more special around boys. Girl friends would not treat girl friends like how guys treat girls! When you're surrounded by girls, you are all equal, no special treatment or gentleman treatment. Plus, girls have tendencies to put around us some defensive walls girls when they are with girls still new to them. Thus, it takes effort to penetrate through those walls! With guys, it's always very easy to start a conversation. Whatever topic you start could easily become a good conversation. But with girls? It's hard!

So yea, growing closer with other girls would need extra time, effort and prayers.
Being a girl myself, God calls me to minister to women, of course. :) My small group members are girls, and so are the other people God leads me to share His Word.
(Although, that does not mean that God's limiting my ministry to women.)

This modesty challenge makes me more concerned about women! :)
Today, I find myself more concerned about how women dress - not much about styling but more about protecting their bodies. More than that, I realize that the way we dress is just one thing that holds women on their neck. Women is a lot more than the way they dress. Of course, you know that!
And I'm just excited what God would tell me about women :)
I'm excited for the future assignments God would give me in the future!
I'm excited to help more women to overcome stuff that God helped me overcome :D


 Kiddo. :P


This heart locket is a gift from my mom! It's so lovely! :)
Top: H&M || Watch: Skechers || Pants: Terranova || Shoes: Crocs
"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine.
They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."
- Titus 2:3-5

Read about what happened that night HERE. :)

Wearing loose top with loose pants used to be a fashion no-no. It can make or break one's look. It could make one look effortlessly good, but it could also make one look too lousy.
Good thing that today, loose + loose is making a come back. A good thing for women pursuing modesty!
Let's say goodbye to fitted clothes! :)

This pair of Terranova pants is indeed the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear!
More comfortable from those skinny jeans, and even more comfortable than leggings! :D

What are loose clothing you want to invest in? :)
What help can you offer the women you know?
Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll appreciate anything you have to say ☺
Questions and other remarks are welcome!
Feel free to link to your favorite websites too, such as your blogs, and I'd take time to see what you're up to :D
God bless!